Websites play an important part in the conversation between your business, organisation or service, and your users. We can design a great appealing website, which gives a good first impression and that will last for years. We can enable people to explore your website logically and clearly, helping them to understand your information, and find what they are looking for. We can also make your website work well across a range of technological devices (desktop computer, tablet, smartphone), and make the website highly accessible and usable, for the widest range of people. Typical website designers tend to focus on a few main aspects, and leave other areas and issues unaddressed, we address as many areas as possible. Our largest website design project involved 450 webpages and 1000+ images over a 16-year period. We offer a range of expert services:
- Website designs that work in a variety of screen sizes (desktop, tablet, mobile) and that are Google friendly.
- Accessible, highly usable and customisable layout websites.
- Adherence to website accessibility regulations, directives and laws, including the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) adherence to level A, AA, or AAA.
- Electronic form design.
- Screenreader friendly (for people with vision impairments).
- Intermediate level search engine optimisation (SEO).
- Updating and maintenance.
- World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) valid HTML/XHTML/CSS.
- Website setup (registering a domain name, hosting, email addresses).
- Website re-building (convert an existing website design into a fully responsive: mobile, tablet, desktop friendly website).
Internal staff feedback questionnaire, text editorial standardisation, highly accessible and usable website design, fully responsive (mobile, tablet, desktop), content and section reorganising, accessible HTML/CSS coding achieving W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) level AA, pro web font use, Google Analytics use, XML sitemap, https/SSL use, intermediate level search engine optimisation (SEO), corporate logo redraw into high resolution format.
2019 (2nd version).
2002–2018 (1st version).
Short description of what we did for the client and project
Landmark Planning is a high-quality niche town planning consultancy based in Leicester, United Kingdom. We designed their 1st version website in 2002, and it was in use until the end of 2018. In 2019, we designed their 2nd version website.
We designed a website that graphically had to last for many years, resulting in no need for the client to redesign in a few years time. The website is aesthetically and technically well built, which uses 1 of the best HTML/CSS frameworks available. We handled the client’s content putting a lot of effort into maximising the clarity, quality and structure of all the different sections and content on the website. We presented and structured information in a way that gives people information they are going to want to know (in a quick and precise manner). This was especially true for the Project examples section, which was edited more than 30 times. The website is also highly accessible and usable, here are some features: adherence to good practice in graphic communication design and legibility, fully Google friendly, all webpages pass the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) to level AA. Except for 2 minor issues, it would have achieved level AAA (the highest of the 3 levels). We tested all webpages with various screenreaders, making improvements and made it work as well as possible with the specific screenreader. The website also has a skip navigation option. This website ticks many design quality boxes and gives them every chance of success, echoing their professional and credible service.
- Shortlisted in the Corporate design and communications category (in the top 10 entries within this category) in the International Institute for Information Design (IIID) awards 2020. You can read a full case study PDF on this IIID project webpage.
Friends of New Walk Leicester.
Highly accessible and usable website design, fully responsive (mobile, tablet, desktop), accessible HTML/CSS coding achieving W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) level AA, pro web font use, video and interactive map implementation, Google Analytics use, XML HTML and video sitemaps, https/SSL use, intermediate level search engine optimisation (SEO).
Short description of what we did for the client and project
The charity wanted their old website sorting and managing, this included a website redesign, text content editing and move of their website domain and hosting to a better provider.
We designed a website that is relevant to the client’s content and purpose, reinforcing their quality resource. We used an XML video sitemap to help their promotional video get found. There was technical work that needed to be done on old PDF publications, and reproduction work on new photographic material. With the client, we researched and decided upon a pro web font that reflected the charity’s activities well, and that was well equipped with small caps and oldstyle numbers. Much work was done on accessibility issues along with the creation of a detailed website accessibility statement. 1 notable accessibility issue was that we put in subtitles for their promotional video (better for people with hearing issues or who use screenreaders). We also did an on-location photography shoot, getting up-to-date and needed photos. We also put in a very detailed electronic interactive map showing main things to do and see on New Walk, making it more useful. The more useful the website is, the more chance people will use it and get something out of it. We provided a robust solution and support at every stage for the client.
3 results of website design by us
- Your service, product or business will communicate and work better.
- A website that gives your users the best chance of understanding what you have provided and what you intend, which gives them a highly accessible, usable and inclusive experience, whatever device they are using.
- No need to redesign again in a few years time due to an out-dated design, because we provide designs that last for years.