We offer an excellent journal design service using our expert design, layout and typographic skills and can design academic, medical and scientific journals. We can design a completely new system or redesign your existing journal improving the overall journal branding, colour system and layout. A good grid is essential, along with a highly legible and rigorous typographic system with clearly setup stylesheets. We can ensure typefaces are used that can handle all the characters your most complex content requires, from math to Greek. We can also setup a house style for figures (graphs, diagrams, charts) and redraw where necessary, and typeset the journal on a regular basis. We can also help with transferring your journal to print, PDF, or webpage format.
- Journal branding (logo, colour system, typefaces, layout).
- Typeface selection advice (legibility, character range, on-screen rendering).
- Grid setup.
- Well-built and clearly named stylesheets.
- Table design.
- Setup of house illustration style for figures.
- Hyperlink, navigation and interactive elements.
- Make the journal’s colours work in a greyscale/mono printing environment.
- Economy of design and layout issues.
- Tabular lining and decimal point alignment in tabular data.
- Guidance and typesetting support for other suppliers.
- Typesetting of journals on a regular basis.
Branding, journal redesign, page layout, complex typesetting, illustration redrawing.
Available upon request, contact us.
3 column layout with complex text, tables and figures. Page size: A4: 210 × 297mm. Pages: variable. Paper: unknown.
3 results of good journal design by us
- Unique, professional looking and well branded, which your subscribers value and enjoy using for many years.
- Less time and problems in the production stage due to well setup files.
- Better organization and design of your original content, that serves your objectives and your users’ requirements.